Thursday 10 November 2011

Book Review: Stravaganza: City of Masks

Title: City of Masks
Author: Mary Hoffman
Series: Stravaganza
Position in series: 1st
Released: 2002
Source: Library


Thoughts: This was a brilliant book. The plot was fantastic, it was gripping but slow. That was my one problem with this book. It was great but I couldn't get into it, it wasn't the type of book that had me by the throat and made me read it all in one night. It took me a long time to read it. It took a week.

The descriptions in this book were so vivid, I felt like I really was in Bellezza and I loved the way (MINI SPOILER ALERT) that the author twisted one bit of history and everything changed. No Church of England so no Anglicans and (SPOILER IS OVER)Venice was known as Bellezza and it was great. It was still in the same world in the sense that it wasn't supernatural creatures or it wasn't on another planet but it has a different feel to it. It makes you feel like you're in a completely different world. It makes you feel as though you are in Bellezza.

Brilliant,
Clíodhna
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment