Saturday 10 March 2012

In My Mailbox #2 : Recap

Hello humans,

I am kind of starting a new meme type thing and it's to do with In My Mailbox which is hosted by The Story Siren. The one thing I don't like about the In My Mailbox posts is that, with any blogger, you don't find out how they got on with those books unless they do a review and they can't do that with every book! They'd have no time to read! So I propose that on Saturdays, the day before the new In My Mailbox goes up, bloggers put up recaps on how the reading went that week! This is mine for last week!

Blood Ties by Gabriella Poole (Darke Academy #2)

Read it!! About 3/3.5 stars! Pretty good but not great! Would recommend the series though!

Dead Beautiful by Yvonne Wood

Oh God this book annoyed me! 1/1.5 stars! It was sounding like a Twilight copy until


******SPOILER****** found out Dante was a soul sucking zombie and I have nothing against zombies but just zombies aren't necessarily the best supernatural creature to make a girl swoon and Renée pretty much acted as though nothing happened and then, I could see it coming, she had his soul and only one could live. The ending also left me in a way that I was thinking "Ok so- um no wait- THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!! What the hell?? Not a cliffhanger but it felt like there were no loose ends but if that was the end and it was a standalone then it was still really bad. But if it was a series then how could you continue????********************* END SPOILER!


Sorry for the rant!
Clíodhna
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment