Thursday 30 June 2011

The Irish Language

Hey Guys,

It has come to my attention that some of you are not from Ireland, never did I expect to reach outside of Ireland but some of you appear to be (correct me if I'm wrong) from places like America, Germany and Hungary. It immediately sprang into my mind that you then do not know the Irish language (heck, some Irish don't even know it). Well I'm going to write a bit in Irish then translate it for you!!

Dia daoibh,
Conas atá sibh? Táimse go maith. Táim ag t-snúth le mo breithlá amárach agus ar an Sathairn beidh sé breithlá mo dhaid! Tá conaí orm i Éire. Beidh mé ceithre bliain déag d'aois amárach! Is fearr liom a beith ag leamh.

Hello (plural),
How are you (plural)? I'm good. I'm looking forward to my birthday tomorrow and on Saturday it's my dad's birthday. I live in Ireland. I will be fourteen years old tomorrow. I  love to be reading.

That is a rough translation of what I wrote above in Irish. Try saying that to your families, bet they'll be surprised!

Clíodhna
xxx
P.S: My name is Irish but I've no idea what it means!!

No comments:

Post a Comment